Monday, December 8, 2008

Memories of Thailand






My last few days have been full of crooked stitches (read sewing disaster), broken bowls (read kitchen disaster), and the incident with Australia's version of Karo corn syrup which was almost solid and caused me a small mental break.
Therefore, I am going to write about Zok.
Zok does all the cooking when he is home, I have been trying to encourage more vegetable dishes, as in vegetables as a side dish, or as a lunch dish because I don't think we eat enough vegetables. Since the vegetable patch is growing well, and Zok will try to cook just about anything if the ingredients are handy these vegetable additions have been frequent. The other inspiration for new dishes is when a fruit or vegetable comes into season. Living on a fairly isolated island the furthest our produce travels is usually from Queensland, by example; Pineapple. When I see pineapple in the store, my creativity only goes as far as thinking of cottage cheese, or making a pina colada. But when Zok sees them we get amazing stir fried pineapple, tofu, cashews, with capsicum (bell pepper)-The only thing that could have made this dish better was if Zok had hollowed out the shells to make more room so that I could eat more without getting up.

2 comments:

Monte Means said...

looks so good! and it appears that sanchez is coming along nicely.

Colleen said...

I am glad you think so, because he plans on making it for you both.
He wants to hollow out the whole pineapple so each serving has its own lid.