Monday, February 28, 2011

"out upon the islands on a cool summer night..."






The best thing about camping for me- was being in a beautiful spot, watching the sun go down, and right as I got that feeling of 'well I guess it is about time to be getting back' I remember No! I am already here!

I have made a list of what I think are the basic beginning supplies, and since Zok loves to shop I think we might be on our way.
I want to explore around to some of the National Parks I haven't seen yet and check out camping spots.

I am grateful for my neighbors, the expert campers allowing me to come along to Camp Meech-ie. They have camped in this spot for as long as the spot has been a spot, and maybe before.
Being true bush walkers they see any part of the bush that doesn't need a machete to get through as a trail.
This is the park where we stayed-
http://www.parks.tas.gov.au/?base=3363


Of course on returning home I couldn't view my kitchen as anything besides a modern marvel, and don't even get me started about indoor plumbing...

Although the elusive, Quoll did not show itself, we saw all the usual suspects as well as a nice ray (probably a skate) and cuttlefish (!).





2 comments:

Colleen said...

I added some more photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sajtia68/?saved=1

Pip said...

I'm so glad you had a good time x