Thursday, March 15, 2012

and then the time comes to say farewell




I want to buy the house across the street. (Although I would want the price to come down, so we could rent it out).
Because as you see there are huge trees, the largest trees in the neighborhood all around the property. Those trees get credit for all the diverse bird life I get to see. I notated 14 species of bird, and 2 new species that were in our yard daily.
So- if anyone wants to give me a job, I can start saving up to be the lorax of our neighborhood trees.

I will miss the food of Tasmania. Such a small place to have so much produce and small farms that grow saffron, wasabi, walnuts, countless types of cheese, bakeries, coffee roasters, breweries, and vineyards.

I am sad to leave and happy to leave all at the same time.
An embarrassment of riches as the cliché states.

Well this is the first time finished, so next time I will be more prepared.
All of this is new territory in my life- dividing my time between two countries that even ten years ago I barely knew existed.

This weekend I will be in Stockholm.
Monday night will be try outs for new skaters.
Tuesday night is jam skating.
Wednesday night is normal practice.
Thursday is off skate training.
Saturday is extra scrimmage training for the upcoming bout.

Yes!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Note to self:
So handy to have a blog- a record of myself to myself.
I am prepared this time for Tasmania. I got what I wished for- too much derby! I will go forward better equipped because I have more information.