Monday, April 2, 2012

"I'm sticking to you...because I am made out of glue..."


The Hives played four unannounced shows in Stockholm.
I only had time to go to one, between practice and the bout in Göteborg, this weekend.
Emma and I met up and went to a small all ages club on Södermalm.
It was a bit of a step back in time to be in a small all ages club, that was full of sweating kids doing their best to emulate every posh pit that has come before.
We stood on some sort of drink rail against the wall, safe from the actual melee.
However, this night combined with a really cold night at practice is probably responsible for my poor condition today.

http://www.morganskort.se/search.htm?folderID=98538&_tab=browsertab
Here are some photos from the weekend bout.
I was a substitute, but at the last day, it turned out that I did get to play.
I felt proud of all the players, especially the ones new to bouting.
They did an excellent job and I had a small part in that happening.

The Stockholm people can party like no others I have ever met.
I had very little sleep my night in Göteborg. I left the party with Loca about 1:30 a.m., I moved from my bed about 3:40 a.m. when an 'after, after' party moved in. Roffe kindly took me to a house that had other quitters.
I am not sure many apartments saw their actual owners just those of us desperate for some sleep.
Here are some entries from Swedehurt, is you want to read more about Stockholm Derby.
http://swedehurtgoesfit.blogspot.se/

No comments: