Wednesday, May 9, 2012

...some think I have done alright for a girl...







My first international visitor to Stockholm was here over the weekend.
I wish he could have stayed for a month of weekends!

The two of us spent our thirtieth birthdays in New Orleans.  Neither of us during that warm October could have invented the lives we live now, even if we would have had the forethought to try.

We both spend part of each year in Europe (Me in Stockholm, He in Paris) these days.

Somehow we let almost ten years go by without visiting.  We have always and still do, write letters to one another, regularly.

He is the reason that each year I get at least one Valentine.

Being the chatter box that I am, I related more than I learned.

But I have nothing to say that isn't positive.  As we were parting I said just that, seeing one another again was too much a gift to feel even bittersweet about brevity, or forgotten topics.

Besides we will always have the mail.

No comments: