Sunday, July 8, 2012

"...cause I'll drink to you my baby...cause I'll think to that..."



How can we explain that change from winter to summer?
Where your perspective changes so completely.

Summer has arrived in Sweden.
All the hours of light, and all the people spilling from buildings into parks and onto sidewalks.  Squares once empty are jammed with chairs, tables and people making the city a new place to navigate.

I stroll through the streets, I am crushed into trains that are full even at 1 a.m.  I suddenly believe I love all of humanity and could stay out forever.

The air is scented with wild roses that grow everywhere.
The sky never truly darkens, the colors just change.


Classic cars are all around and there are always balloons along the horizon. 
People visit from other countries and this seems normal and neighborly as if Europe is just right next door to everywhere else.
I had my first lunch party on our sunny deck.
All that is missing...is Zok.
But- of course he returns every week or so, instead of every few months or so when we are in Europe- so there is that. 

 

1 comment:

Owlissa said...

Makes me want to come and visit! xx