Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Bredäng Konst Tbana, Lena Kriström Larsson



I have to admit that the lack of spring-like weather since arriving from actual summertime weather really has been like a dark cloud smothering my moods.  The day I did this station, there was a bitter wind, and I also had a friend in tow, a local, which usually amounts to about 2-3 minutes worth of attention.  I think I will go back to this station to give it a bit more attention.

I couldn't fully understand the art signage, but I believe that the artist worked with the local school kids, and that there was theme that was about honoring the original nature of where this neighborhood is now.  Only, I am unfamiliar with the area, so I don't know how much nature is left, another reason I want to go have a look around.

I keep telling myself, that April isn't over, and that come May suddenly the trees will bloom and this snow mixed rain will abate, and Spring will arrive, all at once.  But in my heart I can feel a hardening, for years now I have felt myself recede from any passions I had for cities.  This happened once in 1992, when I moved from Los Angeles to Seattle- but from about 2000 I have had a steady pull to the quiet of the life I have in Australia.  Of course, we have had really bad luck this last year- and maybe I will have a change of heart- but if I had to decide today, I would go home to Australia, and stay.






No comments: