Thursday, August 30, 2018

September to September in a blink of an eye



I think my computer is dying.  I can no longer update or properly shut it down.  I seem to recall a time that I could post via my smart phone but I believe that many people left 'blogger' because the platform didn't update with the times.  Yet, I continue to at least leave myself monthly clues to look back upon and cue my memories.

We were quite busy catching up with friends when we returned after such a long time to Stockholm.  Sweden and much of the Arctic Circle were experiencing large scale wild fires, and a drought all through Sweden.  This at the same time that once again (a few years in a row) California is having the same problems.  Each of my friends from each location around the globe said "...and governments don't believe in climate change..." I find it interesting when a sentiment seems to travel almost word for word intact around the world.

The band got an offer to play a show in Gorky Park, Moscow and I tagged along.  When would I ever get another chance?  The city felt like the largest I have ever been too.  It felt like NYC, LA and Paris all meshed together. I had a list of things I wanted to do and see, and I got to most of them.  We saw a lovely performance of the ballet Giselle.  The audience was full of families with children, and what look to me as couples out on a date night. 

The cosmonaut museum was another highlight.  I have always wondered about the dogs they sent to space and Sputnik-! The first satellite in space.  The museum did not disappoint. 
The train stations were also amazing, but SO loud.
The bands show was loosely organized but heavily attended and a lot of fun.

I am still grateful that I got a bit of winter- as we have a lot of logistics coming up between work and possibly selling the apartment.
I also have relatives from my fathers side coming to stay whom I have never met.  Our lives do always seem to go by a bit quicker when we are living in a city and/or in Europe.  I always feel like I have less time and yet I am getting more done.  

 
 

No comments: