Monday, January 19, 2009

Fossil Cove






I have passed the road that leads to the entrance of this walk, many, many times. I have thought of walking down the street to explore but then continued on, dismissing the road as probably having nothing of interest. I will have to take this discovery as a perfect example of my being too timid these days. Thankfully, my lovely neighbor Hazel called me up to look for this cove as she heard about it from another neighbor.
The timing is perfect, so soon after my disappointment that the Tinderbox Hills trail has been shortened due to privatization. Also my neighborhood walk has had new signage put up over the winter which has attracted quite a few new people. A few too many for my anti-social moments.
Also, I now have one more option for my next set of visitors (better known around here as 'MONTE & ROBERTO!').
I only had my iphone so these photos don't really do the tidal pools or fossils justice in representation.


1 comment:

Monte Means said...

still can't wrap my brain around the fact that we'll be there so soon. oh, and i have no intention of ever leaving.