Monday, May 4, 2009

'you should have been here last night to hear what the big dipper said to me'







I fear that Zok's pie aspirations have grown beyond the capabilities of my exaltations; ("delectable, mouthwatering,tasty, lovely, Zok you are a culinary genius!") -to the point that he now needs more people to feed his pie ego with praise.
So, he then conned the neighbors into a night of Scrabble playing and pie eating. For this, the third pie, he chose to make a four berry pie; blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, and finally blackberry.
Zok made small decorations (by hand!) to represent each berry that was baked into the pie, he used a paring knife to show the berry upon the vine. Please observe his handy work upon the top of the pie.
Our neighbors were very gracious in their praise-Sue (she knows what's good for her, I mean our yards are only divided by a fence) even took a photo as she thought the pie was so pretty. I thought they did quite well, as this is their second pie and although one might think that pie praise is easy to keep up, well until you are faced with pie after pie...then new compliments/adjectives become harder to find.
Pie and Scrabble was an excellent combination, and I am not just saying that because I won said Scrabble game.
Also to be fair on the topic of obsession, we are both a bit obsessed, my waking thought was 'You say PIE!, I say SKATE!', and I am pretty sure I heard Zok muttering to himself about making smaller, individual pies...

2 comments:

Monte Means said...

I love the cut outs representing the four types of berries. Zok IS a pie genius!

amra said...

ok, this one sounds too good to be true. then the fire place place AND scrabble. you are killing me.