Saturday, August 15, 2009

"Bring on the night...I couldn't stand another hour of daylight..."


y


a
After a solid week of rain, where I started to feel as if everything might start to mold, the day turned fair, even warm, with ample sun and light breezes.
I took a people slash talking slash news day off. I woke with a desire to clean my laundry-storage-skate gear room, and to clean all the mud off my shoes worn throughout my aforementioned rainy week. I turned down all offers of social interaction and was much the better person for that decision.
Of course the sunny day meant many people were out, and when I could no longer resist the pull of a warm day, I had to skate in the parking lot of my local school because the courts were taken up.
I did many small things and really nothing at all and for me that was bliss.

For Shelly-
Things that overly occupied space in my mind (or is that took up synaptic energy).

Robots; the amount of money spent on them, where they are being tested (such as aged care facilities and warfare), and the technological advancements of their abilities.

The fact that THOMAS MIDGLEY who worked for General Motors was responsible for BOTH adding tetraethyl lead to gas/petrol all the while ignoring the horrible, health effects of lead on people, such as kidney failure, blindness, and cancer because it was cheap and stopped the 'knock' that can be heard in engines, he followed that genius with the invention of CFCs a.k.a. chlorofluorocarbons that errode our ozone layer!
I mean seriously, where is the movie about that guy?

Les Paul has died. For non-museos, he invented multi-layered, or eight track recording, and the first solid body amplified guitar which is how guitar players such as Jimmy Page were able to create that sustained note, I think that the 1958, Sunburst, Les Paul was the first guitar I knew by name.
My father used to put Les Paul & Mary Ford songs on the mixed tapes, that he made me, and he would sometimes hint that Colleen partly came from Mary Fords real name being Colleen, but I never believed that.



4 comments:

roberto said...

i think your photographs are beautiful.

Colleen said...

I think the iphone camera is a sort of middling, once shot wonder style.
Sooooooooooo What's your favorite Disney ride?

brandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brandi said...

i get songs stuck in my mind for days after reading your blog. thank you, they are usually worth being there.

and as a fellow admirer of your photos (and words) i think you should download CameraKit for your phone. comes with flash and some other cross-processing options.