Friday, August 21, 2009

"Friday I'm in Love"






Oh the foolish follies of a girls heart as spring comes on-
She thinks that she can go to bed without lighting a fire, she opens the blinds in anticipation of yet another morning of warm rays pouring in, where she will be able to dry her skating gear so she can pack them clean for her roller derby excursion to the mainland...
(cut to black screen wiping that warm spring time vignette from your mind and flash to- dark black waters, thick gray clouds and a small woman bundled up in layers of clothing, holding dripping elbow pads from her hands as she then lifts one in a fist shaking it at the darkening sky...)
I know that spring is variable, especially here on the island.
Yet, I did feel duped, this must be some defect with my level of hope.
Inside I am screaming 'But look plants are in bloom'!
I should point out that early in the week I had coffee on my front porch, and chatting to Jenn, Luca, and Leona via video Skype and they were on their back porch in Seattle, I had on only a light sweater, and they were in bathing suit attire, and I finally felt close instead of very far away.
However, that was not enough for me and in the afternoon, greedily, I took a long walk with the intention of sitting out at the Beach Cafe, by the time I got to the beach I was soaked from the rain.
Well, the situation could be worse, our Magnolia tree seems to be shy and unlike the others in the neighborhood has not bloomed and therefore will not lose those blooms in a storm while I am away.


No comments: