Sunday, May 9, 2010

"I like my music low and heavy"

Zok and I went to Andrew Harpers art opening.
I liked the way Andrew used the space, the flickering light, and the music, the shadows cast that made me think of stop motion animation and gave me the sense that the art was marching and moving.
 I liked the intimacy of Andrew's hand made art which also brought to mind 1980s technology which in retrospect feels so comforting and containable.  I really miss arcades and especially the game Tempest.
  I liked seeing some of the women I skate with in a different setting which flattered them.

I have been assessing and reassessing my life, I am poised to make some decisions.
I have realized that I feel like a visitor here in Tasmania although I have been here for five years.  I think that I traveled all together for about two of those years, but I do spend months at a time living here.
I can only seem to grasp ten year sections of time, and I am always surprised when I find another ten stretched out in front of me.
It was nice to be invited out, even though the yard is my not-so-secret favorite place.
Today, for instance we had a bird of prey over the front yard circling, we had our residents the spotted turtle doves, new holland honey eaters, and wattles, plus dropping by to use the bird bath were a very large flock of silver eye, yellow throated honeyeaters, black-headed honeyeaters, strong billed honeyeater, and a few flame robins.  Zok and I were quite engaged by them for a good half hour.