Saturday, August 28, 2010

"September come and take this heart away"





My last weekend alone, and soon to be as far as I can reckon Zok's first September in Tasmania. I searched back through 2005. I no longer keep journals so I could only look through digital calendars.
Perhaps you wonder if there is anything of note happening in September?
Well, the Magnolia tree is coming into bloom, so Zok will finally understand why I refuse to let him cut that particular tree down...
The daffodils are up, and yet Tasmania is colder than it has been in a month.
My Clivia is ready to bloom, and this year there are three flowers- I know three doesn't sound like a lot but this is a very Jurassic Park looking plant.
Plus anything growing over in that part of the yard is amazing because the trees there leech all the nutrients from the soil, but I've been adding in compost regularly to the plants I've put into that area which seems to have helped a bit.
I have been enjoying the rain, eating too much, exercising too little and mostly enjoying listening to radio shows via my iPhone. I tried to copy a pillow case cover that is wearing out...very sewing 101 but hey, that's me.




No comments: