Wednesday, September 5, 2012

...pictures hanging in the hallway...and the fragments of a song...










Certain things depress me- I don't know why- or I do know but I do not want to really explore or explain where the sentiment comes from.
Bad hotels are one of these things.  I can take a cheap, David Lynch hotel much better than I can take a fairly high priced hotel with no regard for its inhabitants.  By this I mean thin towels, worn out beds, cheap materials, windows that do not open, windows that look onto alleys, noise, bad carpeting, grout that looks mildewed, no ventilation- well I could go on and on. I believe I have stayed at some of the worst and also some of the best hotels.

Zok and I experienced both the good and the bad on our trip.
We also stayed at a friends summer home.  The house is a converted social hall.  So the space is open and the ceilings high.
There was coffee, good records, and a dvd collection.
I sort of just wanted to stay right there, but this was the beginning of our trip and I also needed to recognize that my wanting to stay stemmed from my feeling that I have not been home enough this year.
Perhaps I only have six months of the busy city living in me at a time.
Sometimes I wish I had friends nearby of the same age so I could check in and see if I am particularly lazy...
Or do I do too much?
Am I allowed to be tired when I am not a breeder?
 

1 comment:

Owlissa said...

I like the openness of the converted building.

As for tiredness, absolutely yes. Nobody should have the monopoly on being tired.