Monday, October 15, 2012

...first fall was new, now watch the summer pass, so close to you."





All the trees are changing.  Green leaf to color, or fruit back to seed.
I had autumns in Tasmania where I thought I might never see such autumn colors again.  Because as usual I underestimate the amount of change in my life.  Does my constant propensity to believe that all of life in contained within the day you are living, make me more open to adventure or less?  Zok and I tend to say things like "I miss Tasmania, but these leaves are very pretty." As if the two are mutually exclusive, which we are living proof they are not.
 
 
 Zok left for America in time to miss our rollerderby bout.  We wanted yet underestimated the amount of people who came.  We had over double the amount of our pre-sold tickets.  The rent on the hall is so high that profit is a bit prohibitive, but of course having a great game, with teams fairly matched, and a large audience can only help build STRD as a league.
Of course it was a lot of work, and I was fairly shattered by the end.
Our committees never seem to think of every detail and there is always a large mistake (or two) made.
Roller Derby is like having a job with no guidance.
(and no pay)
STRD won against Malmo.  This week they go abroad to London to play a game there.  Then there is Berlin- http://trackqueensbattleroyal.com/
Followed by another home bout.  Zok is away for both those events as well.  Which gives me unhindered time but not energy because thinking of the schedule makes me want to hide in a pile of those pretty autumn leaves.
 

No comments: