Thursday, June 19, 2014

"...try to ride waves of activity...in every direction..."







I've gone out to a couple of live shows.  These days I either want the show to be during the day time, or at least not late at night-I truly know how old I am when I think of myself before the age of thirty, always and I mean always willing to go out to see live music.  I have probably forgotten more shows than most people have ever gone too.

I did get to experience 'Kent' a band that is hugely popular but only in this area.  All the songs were sung in Swedish, which usually I only hear if the song is traditional.  I was really happy to see Junip who I had never seen live before. I also got to see Nina Persson solo, without the Cardigans, and I really admire how much she has grown as an artist.  Even her voice has grown and matured.  
Lastly we saw Flogging Molly who called Zok out -which now almost feels like an annual event.  Flogging Molly is about the only band I ever see now with an active mosh pit.

Tomorrow is midsommarafton and city will empty out, but I won't notice, as I no longer live in the city center.  If the weather holds to rain though, I will go out by train to look at some town train stations that are usually too crowded to really get to see the art...or of course I may stay home and marathon some program or another if Zok is tired and not working all day.
 

No comments: