Saturday, October 25, 2014

Konten på Västertorp T bana



When I came through this station I was really intrigued, I thought though that the story was made up- alas the story is true and a bit of a mystery!
A Swedish exploring group left by hot air balloon in 1897, meaning to fly over the North Pole.
In 1930 some film, and some remains were found.
The art in this station is inspired by this trip.

I can't help but think that some of Philip Pullman's 'His Dark Materials' series, has borrowed from this story. The Pullman series is one of my all time favorite children series both as a book, and as performed by a full cast in an audio series.
 I was wondering about how stark the art was, it all runs along a long tunnel exit, and the flooring is quite gray- But when you read the story it makes sense.

If you want to read about what was found look here:





1 comment: