Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Konst på Farsta Strand T Bana






Farsta Strand (strand is the Swedish word for beach) is the last station on our line, and since I stopped participating in Roller Derby I never go there.  This station is near the pendletåg- or commuter trains.
I translated the artist plaque but the information did not answer any of my questions.  The mosaic floor is the obvious installation.  I thought the framed reliefs of rock which can be seen through the portholes set along the stairs were the main concept.  But this aspect was not mentioned at all.  Also wood cuts are mentioned and I didn't even see those.  Because this is a end station, as with all end stations the platforms feel as if they are actual a non-working station, unless you happen to get there just as the train is leaving/arriving.  Otherwise the trains sit empty, just sitting, sometime with doors open, sometimes with doors closed.  This station happens to be a fairly cold and uninviting one to actually just sit down in.
I was there on an errand and the hour (for me) was a bit early so I could have missed something.


 

No comments: