Thursday, June 25, 2015

Maria Island; The revamping of the workshop accomodations





 
This job was much bigger than I thought it would be.
We did not have the island to ourselves, as the subsidized ferries are running-
The nights were very cold.
Dark Mofo started while we were on the island, and we could see the heart monitor light all the way out on the island.
We stayed in one of the Bernacchi houses-
They are charming but as the cold sets in, the high ceilings and misplaced fire places seem less so.
 I find it strange that so many people raised both wool, and built houses and yet never thought to insulate.  Of course, I know I am saying this completely out of context for the time and place.
I also watched the local news (as my house mates wanted to and I was sleeping in the front room)-
It was an interesting contrast to see how the festival looked from afar, and then get to experience the festival-
By this I mean-I feel I have to acknowledge my own weaknesses that cause me to miss places when I am not there-
doing so is mostly just a waste of time and skewed by ones own feelings.

Although, Tasmania has the magic that it has, the sound of the ocean, the bright night sky.
Our house filled with our books, and music and always providing something to do.



 I came to find that each house does come with it's own wombat.
 

No comments: