Thursday, August 13, 2015

Konst på Enkede Gård Tbana




Often, the artist plaque has almost no information, but every once in awhile, the artist plaque has a very long explanation.
This one did, stating that the design you see on the wall and on the statues is meant to represent the cornea of the human eye, or the corneal nerves to be exact.
 It states that the artist wants the viewer to look inward, look back, and to look at the here and now.
 I had thought, before looking at the plaque that the statues had something to do with sport or the Olympics.
This station is definitely one of the coolest on the Hagsätra line.
Not my favorite but close.  Sadly I doubt the artist expected so many to simply ignore the art, at this station the plaque was down the stairwell, and as I stood there to take a photo, I noticed a woman, noticing my actions, and she came back and read it, and started to look around.  On her face at least by my reckoning, it seemed she noticed the statues for the first time.
I get this reaction a lot when I drag people along with me to see a station.
Zok also believes I am the only person we know who has been to each station.  Is it my desire to be alone? to be in motion? to know what lies at the end of the line?  I don't know, but I have always ridden on trains and buses, just to see where they went.





No comments: