Friday, August 7, 2015

Konst på Fruängen, Gubbängen och Skarpnäck T bana

I like to think of myself as organized.  I make lists, I use technology to back up those lists, I give myself a talking to whenever I catch myself being scatter brained and yet truthfully I forget both the lists and most of my own advice.
In action, the most I can say of myself is that I aspire to be organized.

I know that the only way to make sure and see all of the potential art in a Stockholm subway station, is to walk the length of the station, inside and outside. By outside, I mean by exiting through all exits and looking at the station from the street side.
If per chance you find yourself with just a spare six minutes during a transfer, the most likely scenario is that something will be missed.

I was at this end station (Fruängen) where I saw this piece by Fredrik Landergren




I even walked out with the crowd to look at the ticket hall- yet still I missed these-
because I did not completely exit the station.

But sometimes there is only a sculpture (or in this case two, like sentinels one on each end of the platform).
 Sometimes the artist is famous and has a lot of information on the web, sometimes I can find nothing at all.
This artist has pieces in the modern museum as well
Ragnhild Alexandersson





This last artist Richard Nonas is an American with art sculptures all around the world, I still do not know how the artists are picked for the stations, but the range of artists is impressive.



I think as with most of my aspirations I am as equally determined as I am ready to give up if another offer comes my way.

 

No comments: