Sunday, October 26, 2008

Croquet is OK




Croquet Season has opened. I don't like to compete, it is safe to say that I hate to compete. I can barely contain myself around sport talk. You know the kind, the discussion after each turn, the commentary about the other team and what they should have done. Zok & Sanchez however, LOVE to compete.
Here they are playing in a Hi-Low competition which involves teams of players that have a certain degree of difference between their standings. Zok (and of course Sanchez) and his partner Bob won, even though Zok did not play his best, of course considering he has not played nor practiced in about eight months he did great and as always better than I could have.
They played at the club in Sandy Bay which is closer to Hobart town than we are. My friend Andy came and sat with me, so I actually watched the whole game instead of half watching, half listening to a book or podcast.

3 comments:

Monte Means said...

Give my regards to Sanchez.

amra said...

but who does that basket of vegetables belong to?

Colleen said...

The vegetables are 'for sale' to raise money for their club.
There were also plants and lemons.