Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Volcanos, Flamenco, Calatrava and Queso Boccadillos






This bit that seems religious is the center point of the ceiling which is designed to open to accomate certain performance accoustics.


I am sick and sad about the fact that I can't do anything more than type while lying in bed. Zok has penned me in, I am surrounded by paperwork, and items to be boxed and shipped to Australia.
Rufus played at this theater in Tenerife, created by Calatrava, the hall was gorgeous and rather intimidating for Zok who rarely does sound these days and here he felt as if he were running sound for the Sydney Opera House. The Flamenco bar was small, the performance was engrossing. I don't have a photo of the dancer I thought was the best because I was just too involved in watching her every move. She was a bit older, and off stage I wouldn't have thought she was a dancer. On stage she was so controlled, so fluid, and just plain sexy. I felt as if I was being shown the heart of Spain and knowing that I was an outsider lucky enough to be allowed to glimse the chambers flowing.


No comments: