Monday, February 23, 2009

Too Much of a Good Thing






After Monte & Roberto left one of the tasks that Zok and I started was apricot harvest. The tree only produces apricots every two years, but I am sure we have enough jam, preserves,dried, stewed and then frozen to last until the tree fruits again.
Our neighbor says that 'every neighborhood should only have one apricot tree' and she is correct. I let the birds take what they want, because truly there is enough to go around.
I usually have sort of a vague stomach ache for weeks due to my apricot consumption. I can't stop myself. Zok made tarts, and I made an apricot nectar, side car. Can you smell the desperation? Feel free to contribute recipes.
Now I have to start picking the nectarines...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that's quite a production you've got going there.
hi Colleen.... ;) i am loving your blog.
xo, cara

Anonymous said...

will there be any left when Steve and I get there?
xox

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say goodie, goodie, yum yum!!!!!!!!
xox

amra said...

oh my god my favorite. i am so jealous. they are every good with honey and pistachios and some cheese. in a salad even.