Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"It's connected to the problems that I won't take for answer"





I always feel a bit sick when I am getting ready to go on a trip. Actually, that isn't the whole truth, I feel sick when I am getting on a plane, road trips by car or bus are fine. Plane travel is such a pain these days. I phoned ahead to add baggage allowance, but the rules had changed, now to add baggage after you have booked your flight, instead of twenty dollars each way, it is forty dollars each way, or if they deem your bags over the limit at the airport, an additional eighty dollars each way.
I am not a rule breaker, so feeling as if I am right on the edge of being over the allowance makes me feel nervous.
Skate gear is basically the entire allowance, I am not even taking toiletries, I will have to buy some in Geelong. I am very low maintenance these days, but still I find the whole procedure a bit of an ordeal, as if some outside force is trying to suck away my fun.
Speaking of sucking away the fun, we (the we here in Hobart) had yet another roller derby meeting. Once again everything has changed, once again everything is the same.
I will pin my hopes on my time away, and real change happening while I am absent.
My time skating (or not skating as it were) here has made me feel like a poseur all over again. I feel a bit silly going back to Geelong for the second bout. More than silly I feel unprepared, as the teams there have been skating even harder, training even more for this upcoming event, and I have been skating circles on my neighborhood roads.
Wish me luck, because I need it.
The photos are from the courtyard, where we had our last derby meeting.
The piece in the courtyard is made of material that catches flies. At night the piece is lit up, attracting the insects.
One of the skaters, and a person I like to think of as my friend works here, for a very worthy company called 'Kickstart Arts' if you don't know about them, you should look them up, and if you can support them.

No comments: