Monday, November 9, 2009

"..and swim beneath the barriers..."






Some of the Autumn leaves are holding on, but many have succumb to the force of oncoming winter and are being trampled under foot.
I may be up early with first light, outside filling my lungs with air, and enjoying the quiet beginnings of a city that is waking up, yet by 4 p.m. I feel as if it is 10 p.m., and by 8 p.m. I am convinced that I should be in pajamas reading a book with candles lit all around.
My husband is quite different when he is in Stockholm compared to how he acts or what he wants to do when we are in Australia. I refer to him as 'my Swedish husband'.
My Swedish husband likes to take a walk each day. He can be enticed to go into new neighborhoods, but he avoids museums.
My Swedish husband (due to the cold of winter) will stop into shops to warm up, he will drink hot chocolate in cafes, and stop for a beer in a pub.
If left to his own devices he would walk each day, to the same bookshop in Gamla Stan, to see if there are new books, or a book he overlooked.
Today however we are going to the Rosendahl, which is a huge, and by huge I mean HUGE garden on the royal island where they serve food made fresh from their organic garden, inside one of the glass hot houses.
The bread and pastry is made in a wood fueled stone oven.
Here, I have put up some photos from our walk along the edge of Soder island, which is the island were we stay when we are in Stockholm.

No comments: