Saturday, November 7, 2009

"Fairest of the seasons"








Tantolunden is a huge park, next to Eriksbadhuset which has several pools and a gym. My favorite part is that there are many 'allotment gardens' here, I have never gotten a satisfactory explanation about how these gardens came to be, or how people get to have one of their very own. All I hear are rumors, perhaps they are handed down through families, perhaps a person needs some connection to royalty, perhaps they are won through a lottery system...
I have also heard that originally they were communal land for farming to help stave off times of starvation during periods of famine. I believe these have been as they are since about 1915.
I have put up photos from my last summer and from yesterday, autumn into winter...they always look idyllic to me and I marvel at the gardens, and wish, wish, wish, I could have one of my own.

No comments: