Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"The female of the species is more deadly than the male."



Our day of radio was just plain fun.
Betty, Yasmin, and I played some (if I do say so myself) excellent music. The show theme centers on bands which have at least one female musician.

Then as we were having such a good time, we just walked into the studio next door to hang out on Ken's show "16 tons", were he regaled us with some nice choices, basically all on vinyl. Obviously a man to be trusted.
Ken was also the d.j. who provided the music when I was fortunate enough to skate in two of Geelong's Roller Derby bouts.

The Pulse, a community radio station is one of 358 such radio stations in Australia (this is a fact I took from one of my library loans from Deakin University). If you want to check out Betty's show that she has been creating weekly please look here:
http://moredeadly.wordpress.com/

2 comments:

Monte Means said...

I like your playlist!

brandi said...

Sahara Hotnights & The Ravonettes even! Amazing picks on all the lists. I think I am actually blown away right now. So much fun!!!!!