Monday, November 29, 2010

"...but not me baby, I have you to save me..."





Hobart's second Roller Derby bout was as successful as the first. There wasn't a drop off in attendance which is the norm- so perhaps this time Tasmania always being an exception will be to advantage.

I treated both Saff and Zok to lunch the next day, as Saff was our guest, and Zok I fear was worn out by the general antics and fuss Roller Skating Derby girls tend to create. We ran into other Derby people while at lunch and for me Hobart was feeling friendly and homey.

After seeing off Miss Hellfire and Saff at the airport- quite late I have to add, only the grace and smallness of Hobart's airport allowed them onto the plane so late, Zok and I decided to see how the ABC Gardening show (http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/stories/s2176174.htm) vegetable plots were going.

To my glee, there was a steam powered carousel. The oldest of its kind in the world!
I rode a horse name 'Hermione' but you'll just have to believe me because the photos did not come out.
Zok and I had a funny conversation, because as we were strolling through the gardens- I mentioned that we were the only young adults there.
Then Zok replied he'd have never got to a Botanical Garden if I hadn't made him go the first time.
Then I realized that I had always gone to them on my own, and I felt quite happy that I knew I introduced Zok to botanical gardens and second hand shopping.

2 comments:

brandi said...

so sweet. so true. so much love. i miss u and glad u got to go ride the carousel.

Anonymous said...

I love this post.