Friday, December 10, 2010

"...living down in this rainswept town...seasalt tears swimming round as the rain comes down..."





I have been feeling a bit- off- not even Christmas was working its magic.
I have a new audio book- I save them for dark times or for wandering.
So I started my new book and decided to go and see if I could find the Platypus up in Peter Murrel reserve.
I never found the pond, I got lost, just like the last time except in a whole new area.
The area is 135 hectares. I don't know how to visualize how large that is- but I know that I am usually in there for three of four hours.
I found button grass so I think I was at button grass creek as described here:
http://www.parks.tas.gov.au/index.aspx?base=4045

I have been told that button grass does not grow in our area or I would have planted it in the front yard. I will now begin plotting...some clipping aka plant liberation.
I saw this guy- as well- http://www.parks.tas.gov.au/index.aspx?base=4830
Actually I heard him, and had to sit around for ages to spot him in all the foliage and he didn't really come into the open, but I had my binoculars.
Zok thinks I make these sightings up, but that is only because he won't stay still long enough to see any animals.
I was of course watching a bird so long that the bandicoot probably thought I had gone away.

I felt much, much better after a nice long wander.

Apparently all the windy, rainy, changeable weather is good for the garden, even if it is really, really bad for my tan.



No comments: