Thursday, December 30, 2010

Summer Trumps Christmas or ill-advised tales of eggnog





The light holds longer and longer each day.
Just like my first year in Seattle.
The summertime refuses to hold.
Just like my first year in Seattle.
I can only think to myself that there is an aspect of human nature to find the familiar in the foreign.
I said that I no longer wanted a mobile phone. Then Zok went out and bought me a new one. There are new features like 'H.D' for the photos...Great 'H.D.' because hey that's flattering...
I thought the eggnog was a lot of trouble, but that might be because I was making the batch for one. Also the 'peaked egg whites' sort of made me feel squirmy and I didn't add much of them in...
I booked a trip to visit a friend that I haven't seen in a very, long time.
She will be in Sydney for over a week, I am going for five days, and this will be me just hanging about on her off hours- but the break will be a serious treat for me.
Soon after I leave for the U.S. followed by our leaving together for Stockholm.
This is the vibe of Australia as Christmas Day passes, the weather gets warmer, there are a lot of roadside stands selling cheap flowers and cheaper fruit, the New Year is fast approaching, and there is a combined feeling of spring cleaning, summer vacation, and a clean slate all at the same time.



No comments: