Monday, August 20, 2012

"...and talk is cheap when the story is good..."



Where have I been?  Where haven't I been?
Did my thirty-something self have a better ability to keep all the non-stop hours that become days that become weeks that become ones personal history straight?

Zok was home and then he was not home.
I worked two 10 - 12 hour days at a festival meant for under 25s (for sobbing out loud- yeah hi! be rude to me- I am after all your mothers age).  Mostly I was in charge of gearing kids up, and then giving them a safety lessons before their first time on quad skates.  There was also (much too long of a story) a jam skating component that immersed me into early 1980s music that sent me into a K-hole of nostalgia that I have yet to crawl out of (um yes currently listening to Rick Springfield).

I have had roller derby practice as we are back up to 3x a week.  I had a couple of roller derby committee meetings.
I met up with some friends from the roller derby league (are you sensing a theme?). I went apartment shopping with a friend (derby).

My paper for school is at a healthy word count but I am not sure that the paper makes any concrete points...
I am thinking of skipping practice tonight because Zok is home for only about 24 hours and tomorrow night is a league meeting that I can not miss.

I am sick, I say sick and tired of not understanding Swedish.  I am signing up for classes as soon as I can find someone who reads Swedish well enough to help me with the form. (!)
At the under 25 festival I had one kid say - loudly and clearly "SPEAK SWEDISH YOU ARE IN SWEDEN".  Better, late in the day after I got tired of saying "I am sorry but I do not speak Swedish".- each time someone asked me a question-therefore I just started in English I had a black teenager step into my face and start yelling (in Swedish of course)- a friend stepped between us- and afterwards explained that the boy assumed I was racist for assuming that he did not speak Swedish.
Ahhhh the joys of globalism.

No comments: