Saturday, December 21, 2013

"...you are not the only choo-choo train to be left out in the rain...the day after Santa came..."





Call it an evil plan or just call it Christmas, my engage Zok via baking into a Christmas activity was a success.
 If you want the recipes, tips or details look
I couldn't decide if I wanted to make another batch of gingerbread right away or never again.  The process was a mess, and our first try was a bit wonky around the edges of each gingerbread piece.  But we both had a lot of ideas for the next time around.

This house is for our neighbor, and actually I think the will always have to be gifts as I am positive I ate about five tons of gingerbread mistakes, cut off, and oven test cookies.

This was a template, a hard plastic template from IKEA, but it really is more barn than cottage so next time we are going to just draw the pieces ourselves.
(with some help from Martha of course).

I hear even Seattle has snow and although it is chilly enough today for a sweater, it is not chilly enough to keep the garden from growing wild, which is a sure sign that it is coming on to Summer not Winter.

 

 

 

No comments: