Wednesday, March 5, 2014

"...she don't wear make-up...only red lipstick..."






The island is taking over.
This is something that happens when I am in Tasmania.  I do not feel isolated, I have the same feeling I have when I am floating in the ocean- a feeling of suspension, free of stress or worry about either the past or the future.
This doesn't mean I don't think about other people, but there is a quality to it, not unlike the feeling of a good medication from the 'pam' family.  I feel just a little bit apart.

I am only writing right now because Zok interrupted my garden project to ask me about lunch.  I must have been sitting for an hour trying to fix the storm damage to our new path.  More of the lawn seed has sprouted within the rocks then where we actually want our lawn to be.  I could just spray it with some sort of herbicide, but that really is not my style.  This isn't all I have been doing.
I have a solid routine of Yoga classes, and self-imposed Swedish language practice as well as traveling and helping out a friend.

I went to Melbourne to see a few bands play.  Most notably 'Rocket from the Crypt', which unless you are from the West Coast of N.America well, I don't really except you to care.  'Eagles of Death Metal'  and 'Clutch' were also great.
I really never 'cotton on' as the Aussies say to Melbourne. I know this is mainly because Zok and I drive everywhere, this means we sit in traffic- a lot. 
I do try, and I will say I had an easy time from the airport into the city. Because I used public transportation which is the only acceptable means of dealing with Melbourne.  I had this day where all people were helpful and nice.  Zok was working so I amused myself by going for a swim, and then shopping for books, then I read my new book in the pub across the way.  I had a nice lunch in the Victoria Market, and bought some gifts to take to America.  We also got to see the new version of 'Monkey King' at the IMAX.  If I have to explain Monkey King, then there is no explaining Monkey King.  The movie was like being inside a child's imagination with the color setting on "boost".  There were only about six of us in the theater. 

Speaking of traffic, we just had our first group discussion about our American road trip.  I am excited about our trip, but it does feel strange to sleep in so many place that are neither of the countries we live in.  I do envy myself all the travel, but of course I want to spend my remaining days in the non-hooked-up-non-connected way that I only have when I am on the island.
So do not be alarmed if I go missing until it's time to feel this diary with pictures of the open road.  Which will be nice considering the amount of time, the amount of 'days' should I say- I spend inside of an airplane.

 

No comments: