Thursday, September 25, 2014

Konst på Kärrtorp T bana



Sometimes, personally I feel art is better without an explanation.




I wish I had seen this station when it was first done, but the others nearby were not completed until the 1990s, so the installation is not that old, and yet I felt I was missing something; better lighting?, a more appropriate season?. I am not quite sure, but I felt as if the panels should some how radiate.  The most interesting aspect was that there were panels outside- on the other side of the tracks, which would be interesting to glimpse if one was on the correct side of the train.






I will post here the plaque's explanation, I will say that I agree that the station is impressive at speed as you pull in by train, but the glass panels were interesting up close as well, but they seemed more mysterious, or elusive in meaning up close.
 "Light boxes with secret letter sign is placed on the platform, in the stairwell next to the track area. Fantasy Characters with organic ties are printed on tempered glass and mounted in light boxes. Each image also contains a letter from our known alphabet. An ancient and maybe a new alphabet is followed and placement in the room following letters are from a to z.
Light boxes with their signs are placed on the beauty and contemplation viewpoint appropriate places. They should be seen quickly, but also provide waiting passengers something to associate about.
"

My favorite part about the above translation was the 'a to z' which for Svenska is 'fran a till ö' as the extra vowels come at the end of their alphabet.
 

No comments: