Saturday, April 4, 2015

"...born to multiply or born to gaze into night skies..."






Today was a day that could have been almost any in-between season day.  When the sun was out, I felt warm.
When the sun became overrun by clouds, I felt less so.
There are still greens in the garden, and lemons ripening on the tree.
Native plants are blooming with their strange scented small flowers.
Tomorrow is Easter brunch, and I go shopping for ruby grapefruit or blood oranges but there is no citrus in Autumn.  And I want to clean out cupboards but actually, here, it is time to bring up firewood and change the bedding to winter duvets.
I become confused by low pressure systems that bring in humidity and warm air until the skies open and the rain pours down.
Only the ocean water is brutally honest, with its cold bite.

 
 

No comments: