Monday, September 1, 2008

Lonely Rider!





I have been to Amusement Parks with Zok before, and so I know that he was actually relieved to be working all day, while being able to get me a wrist band that allowed me to go on as many rides as I could stomach.
Which is exactly what happened. I went on as many rides, as fast as possible as I could stomach.
After about three hours, (before 1 p.m.) when there were barely any people in the park, I went racing from ride to ride, which of course included first riding each roller coaster in the first car, and then getting off to get back into the line to then experience riding the same roller coaster in the end car. Riding the "Extreme" twice in a row, because that is the closest to my favorite carnival ride "The Zipper". Doing both of the high 'drop' rides even though usually I skip those (but I had a wrist band and really felt compelled to at least TRY each ride once)-
The death of me was when I sort of knew I was done; since, well, I had gone on all the important rides twice, as well as a few of the kiddie rides but then I noticed one of those spinning rides. The type of spinning ride that used to be accompanied by Van Halen music blaring from the speakers but now comes with some sort of 'hey if you are too old to name this song you probably are too old be riding this ride' music.
Yessirreebob, that was the ride that sent me to have a nice lie down and think about the fact that I am not twenty, nor thirty, but basically FORTY.
The part when I was on the couch in Zok's office was the funny part for him, since I had jumped from the bed this morning chiding him to get ready faster, and doing my roller coaster dance while of course singing 'Roller Coaster of Love' off key, much too early in the morning.
Akin to a child who insists they had a great time even after they have thrown up, I, too, am standing by the statement that I had a perfect day.


2 comments:

amra said...

you are nuts and and i love you for that. i have still never been, nor will i ever be on a roller coaster.

Monte Means said...

i love these photos. the next time you are in LA we should plan a day at magic mountain. they have a new "flying" coaster there that is so smooth and so much like - well - flying, that it's makes me want to cry. i miss you!