Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pub Games 30p a go

Flying into Manchester
A painting in the Manchester Gallery that I remember as a poster in some childhood home.
I did not fare too well at the Pub games, I did a bit better on the bowling type game.
We went to a Pub after going to the Beerfest where I had an EXCELLENT York stout called 'old moor' which had an aftertaste of Coffee.
Ahhh here is an early night admirer, he could not speak full sentences so I never found out how they came to be drunk so early in the night.
The dreaded block long taxi queue.

I am staying in Wales. I am with a friend who is not fully of the internet age. I am currently in an Internet Cafe right beyond the wall in the city of Chester.
Free internet use with the purchase of a Cider. I went almost a week without the internet, I did try using a dial up connection to get onto 'mobileme' the web based housing of my emails. However, Mobileme has never be accessible yet-
This time I actually called tech about this fact. A very nice (Scottish) man told me yes there was a problem, and indeed it had been fixed but the fix had not yet made it to our part of the planet. Nice.
Better still this was my third try, I've tried in an airport in Stockholm, a hotel in Melbourne, and now a house in Wales. I think I'll be re-assessing whether or not an actual Mac account is money well spent. I hate how when I do not have access to the internet I get this vague feeling that reminds me of being a teenager and being restricted from phone use.
But I do digress, I just wanted to post some pictures of my week, Cookie (my hostess) does like her gals night out and that is where we have been; out.
I never feel quite so popular as I do in an English Pub. I actually get talked out. I tend to interject the phrase 'my husband' as early as possible but being married is not the deterrent one might think...

4 comments:

amra said...

I know I am completely addicted to the internet, but there is something quite nice about thinking about parts of the western world that still go without. Wish I could more often.

Monte Means said...

I am a big fan of photos taken from planes, especially when the wing is in view. This is a very nice one. I hope Morrissey was on your mind as you made your descent.

Colleen said...

I find that not having readily available answers is what I miss about being connected to the internet.
The whole 'is that actor dead or alive' sort of thing.
I played a Morrissey track in a Pub and got a fairly irate reaction. (!)
I always feel as if I am in a Smiths video in those run down sea-side towns in Wales.

amra said...

yes! so good. too bad those local boys don't get it.