Sunday, November 16, 2008

Flights of Fancy

We get rainbows all the time-
Zok is starting his flying lessons to get his pilots license.

I liked this plane best-Zok says that it is too light or was it too small? Either way he is going for a larger plane because that license will work for this plane but not vice-versa.
Just the propellers? I am actually nervous about Zok flying a small plane, I am working hard to just squash any and all thoughts associated with the event. No 'Bye, bye Miss America Pie' or thoughts of the various small craft crashes that come to mind.

Champagne is so expensive here it is scary- Moet is around $84 AU, Dom is around $200, Laurent Perrier over $100-
So I am embracing Australian made Sparkling Wines. They cost per glass about the same as a glass of wine. This lovely pink bubbly, which is a bit sweet making it acceptable to Zok's palate is $14 AU or by today's conversion $9.20 US.

I try to embrace 'Australian' whenever I can. I try to substitute items so that the original items will fade into the recesses of my memory. I have been surprised how easily the process of forgetting works when a person is bereft of any cues to invoke particular memories. Actually, substitution doesn't work well for suppressing, but substitution can take the edge off of the remembering. I suppose that when we have unusual heat (Tues was 55, Weds was 85) followed by high winds, and then silence and a sudden stillness; which here predict a storm-will always remind me of earthquake weather. Often we don't even get hit by the storm, all we get are a by-product of rainbows, which are much easier on a person's household then an earthquake.

1 comment:

Monte Means said...

please tell zok to be very careful. no pink bubbly before flying. we'd like to request a rainbow during our visit - thanks!