Friday, November 14, 2008

Our Neighborhood Cockatiel Flock



The first year I lived in this house, I'd hear a single Cockatiel flying by, screeching as they do and I'd think 'Eagle!', and I would race outside and never see anything. I would hear the sound a lot, and when Zok was home, I'd say 'Did you hear that?' and Zok would always respond 'No'. Zok's hearing is selective at best and downright hearing-aid worthy at times.
This year though I have had the satisfaction of Zok saying 'Did you hear that? Is that a bird of prey?' and my being able to say with confidence 'No, it is one of the Cockatiels'. (Zok misses a lot being gone so often). Then I had the ultimate satisfaction of the whole flock coming by. The photos are lacking because in my haste to get outside I scared half of them off the tree.

No comments: