Friday, September 24, 2010

Chain of Lagoons



o


Zok and I took a road trip. We drove up the midlands highway and then cut over to the East Coast, to look at some land for sale, in an area called 'Chain of Lagoons', on 'Elephants Pass'.

I have to say that I can readily picture Zok and I living out in the middle of very little. We would be further from the beach, but driving ten minutes through nothing is not exactly a taxing drive.
Each time we drive an hour or so away from Hobart, the only 'town' that can be called a town except for Launceston, I think to myself...why not live out here, with the critters and the incredibly visible night sky?
Whatever happens, we had a nice day, talking and dreaming up schemes.

We stopped at a state park where Zok showed his prowess at skipping stones.
He seriously kept hitting the opposite bank, nine to ten hops.
I was quite impressed.
We also saw the 'spikey' bridge which I have been curious about for awhile, as I have seen the bridge on postcards but never before in real life.
Plus, as we are now living in spring, there were tiny lambs and baby cows all along the highway.
We have the skaters from Victoria, from VRDL this weekend and I am really looking forward to the weekend.

1 comment:

Monte Means said...

Tiny lambs? I'm on my way.
Great photos - love the one of Zok on the beach. There's really nothing like the sky over Tassie!