Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Allez hop! un matin Une louloute est venue chez-moi Poupee de cellophane, cheveux chinois







The last ten days have slipped away from me.
We had a midsommarafton party- as we wanted to be a bit festive for our house guest.  The day went well, but of course what with preparation, cleaning, and then cleaning up the event was more like three days.
We did have a bit of a "How many glasses of wine did I drink?" efterfest brunch the very next day with our nearest and dearest Sofia and Edith.
Then I had a (surprise!) guest.
Early the next day I went to the central station to meet a friend from Seattle.
We realized that we have see one another (besides both living in Seattle) in Australia, the U.K., three cities in the U.S., and now Sweden.
We squeezed him into our front room for a night.  Then he came with his son the next day for afternoon BBQ.

The central station is usually crammed full of people and this is no exaggeration, and I was surprised that when I went to meet Josh there the place was empty.
My photos of the hallway are not the best- I was a bit over-excited to get to where he was- so they were rushed and therefore shaky.  However, usually you can not see the tile work at all- the hallway is rarely noticed as all concentration goes to not being run over by the rushing humans.
As we walked back through Gamla Stan to Slussen- again the streets were bare and everything closed, with only select places opening from about noon to 4p.m. Ahhhhhhhh Midsommar!

All I have done today is the itinerary, directions, and notes plus packing for our week in Paris.

I will most likely not post for the week I am there as I am only taking my iPad with me.  

No comments: