Sunday, June 16, 2013

End of the line: Hässelby strand T-bana konst








Here in Stockholm, there is a constant conversation of rain and sunshine, the sunshine soft spoken and the rain violent and stormy.

As always rain is a good excuse for finding subway art and this station did not disappoint.
 I almost made it to this station two years ago, as it is on the same line as my favorite station (so far) Ängbyplan,- 

 but I got a better offer at that time, so I turned around going to a party instead.

Thanks to my house guest and lots of rain and wind I finally made it to Hässelbystrand.

The plaque (as best as I could glean) said the idea behind the work was about transportation- but I think (tadpole to frog) more about transportation as evolution or movement on a greater level as there was mention of photons.

Here is an interesting link I found about the artist if you are interested:

No comments: