Sunday, August 3, 2014

Stadion T-bana Konst och PRIDE parade day



Zok and I went to a STRD fundraiser, a roller disco, which was early enough in the night for even us.  I had a lot of fun-even though I had to squeeze myself into a pair of shorts that to my minds eye looked huge but in fact 'just' fit.  Hello backside of my 40s!  The next day was the PRIDE parade, I decided not to take a heap of photos this year. (skater photo from 'Crack'her')  I just wanted to soak it all in this year- I think it was a record breaking year with a reported 60,000+ participants and over 600,000 in attendance. Which is more people than live in the entire state of Tasmania.
I always feel so hopeful at this parade, which is so large, my impression is that the LGBT community can only move forward.  My heart is happy that the HIV+ walking in the parade consisted of less than ten people.  While the rainbow families section was in the hundreds.  That is beautiful.
The parade ended near the Stadion T-bana, which is the stop for the Olympic stadium that was used in during Stockholm's hosting of the Olympics in 1912.  As you see there is a lovely rainbow hall-perfectly appropriate.

No comments: