Friday, August 1, 2014

Sunbyberg T-bana Konst






Although this subway stop is one I go to often, I have not really taken the time to really look for all the subway art.  I come to this area to shop, and often I am with someone else, and I don't want to impose my need to see all the the art on people who may not care to look at it.

I know the main artist here was Lars Keen, and from what I can glean, with a bit of speculation is that the pieces are about industrial-industries which is a common theme in Sweden, there are areas and streets named for the people who used to live there- and many areas were populated by a single craft.  By example, you have an area where all the people who worked with dynamite lived, with street names reflecting that fact.  So either Sunbyberg was once populated by factories, or people who built factories or the art is just a tribute to the skill of those craftspeople- and the changes over the years.

No comments: