Saturday, September 12, 2015

"...the wind is low, the birds will sing..." A recap of Venice in photos



Venice is so dense that I almost felt that people coming in (off some ridiculously large cruise ship) just for an afternoon might have basically learn as much as we did in five days.  Basically, I felt the city for a visitor was unknowable.
More than unknowable, unreachable, with its dead ends, and parts of the city accessed only by water.
Even when I read that the city parts built on just pylons for support, I didn't connect that with the fact that areas have limited green areas.  We saw many,many pet dogs but no wildlife, except for pigeons and mosquitoes. When we came upon a park, we realized we had strayed onto an island as opposed to what I think was once marsh land.  But I write this in ignorance because as I wrote before, I did no reading on Venice before taking our trip.






 

No comments: