Thursday, June 25, 2009

non-conformist flowers






Apparently some plants in a Tasmanian garden, choose to flower under a cloudy covered, gray sky. They are analogous to derby girls, as they are out there even though they will be battered and perhaps bruised by the harsh weather. The rain is pouring down. I had to hustle in the wood that thankfully was already on my porch before it all got wet. Last night Zok already mentioned 'looking into flights' which means that our experiment of my staying here all winter may not work out. I do feel a glow of love, that he misses that much. He is not one to really talk about love, but he is good at expressing love, and that is enough to guard me from the gloom of today's winter storm. Hopefully, the flowers have something to protect them as well.

1 comment:

brandi said...

that was beautiful.