Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"I'm not lonely, I'm just lonesome for you"






If there is a theme to my life, then that theme is probably 'leaving'.
I would tell you about what compels to leave, but I really don't know, if I think about myself, if I had to describe myself, I would tell you about a girl who just wants to stay in bed. I do a lot of bargaining with myself. 'If' I do this than I can have 'that'. If I skate with all my effort, then I can have a beer and spend a long time in a hot bath. There is no reason, no force stopping me from just spending all in day in the bath, and drinking nothing except for beer, and yet, my inner voice must have its bargain.
Interesting, the parameters we put upon ourselves, and the notion that some external presence is going to care, going to give or take according to our actions.

So I am leaving, and my calendar is filled with future leavings, and although I mostly stayed home the last few months, bound to the neighborhood by winter weather, I now, suddenly feel as if I never stay at home. That I am always leaving, and when I am away for a month, I will dream of a bed as comfortable as mine, and when I finally return, I will be so happy to realize that I had that bed all along.

I am posting some photos from Geelong, I want to say "Geeeelong'"but the Australians say "G'long", so I am trying to remember not to sound like such a foreigner. Ms. Betty Bamalam has nice places, with good coffee, walking distance from her cute apartment. There is a waterfront, a carousel, and a botanical garden. I will have a good time, and learn a lot, and looking back I will forget I was ever nervous, or fretful about leaving.

1 comment:

Monte Means said...

great photos, you'll be wonderful on the track, i can't wait to hear all about it!