Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"In this house that I call home"





Almost 11 a.m. and I am having my first cup of coffee, a lovely stimulant that is causing me to feel relaxed and happy after a long trek.
My stinky skate gear is in the dish washer, and the clothes washer is taking care of the rest, the day feels like spring, and with the sun out I can hang up my gear to dry.
Dry gear for tonight's practice would be nice. Although the gear was still wet with sweat from last night practice so damp and soap smelling is still better than damp with Sookie sweat.
I didn't want to come home, we had endurance practice last night, and I really need some blocking practice which I am unlikely to get here. Also Geelong has a guest coach coming on Sunday.
I was too tired to be sad, when I left Betty and Ref at 4:30 a.m.
I found a radio station playing decent music, the moon was large and sort of back lit by a strange reddish color, the roads were empty and I could almost remember the feeling of a past road trip though some part of America.
Betty, Ref, and I spent my last day going to parts of Geelong, that I hadn't walked through yet. I had spied a bird sanctuary through the car window earlier in the week which I (naturally) wanted to check out.
I hoped to see baby Pelicans but all that was spotted was one sleeping and two flying. After we left the unaccommodating birds we went for lunch.
Every cafe in Geelong seems to have some funny quirk, as you might notice the menus were inside children's story books.
I am going back for the October bout, which falls on Betty's birthday.
Two weeks where I was able to skate every day but two, and with other skaters, not alone. It was like Christmas every day.
Home seems suddenly empty.



No comments: